news

News

Ayala Ventures into Logistics
October 31, 2018

By: Iris Gonzales (The Philippine Star) - October 23, 2018 - 12:00am

Read more at https://www.philstar.com/business/2018/10/23/1862248/ayala-ventures-logistics#HgDQM6QWVR4jc9qz.99

 

MANILA, Philippines — Ayala Corp. is making its foray into the technology-driven logistics business with the launch of a new company, Entrego Fulfillment Solutions Inc., which commits to offer an integrated suite of services including parceling, document and deliveries.

 

Entrego is a joint venture with the Global Fashion Group (GFG), founder of online fashion store Zalora. Ayala’s AC Infrastructure Holdings Corp. (AC Infra) owns 60 percent of the joint venture, while GFG subsidiary Brillant accounts for the remaining 40 percent.

 

After the successful launch of Entrego, AC Infra is partnering with a Nasdaq-listed company for another soft infrastructure joint venture possibly before the end of the year, AC Infra CEO and Entrego chairman Rene Almendras told reporters yesterday.

 

All these investments in soft infrastructure — platforms that can help move people, goods and services faster – are part of the Ayala Group’s efforts to meet the changing and growing needs of the marketplace.

 

“We are applying technology to transform the logistics ecosystem. Our intent is to innovate and organise services to achieve better operating and cost efficiencies for the various customers we have, whether they are, medium or small scale,” Almendras said.


Read more at https://www.philstar.com/business/2018/10/23/1862248/ayala-ventures-logistics#HgDQM6QWVR4jc9qz.99

Back